What is black mould and how dangerous is it?
Black mould has various names, but we generally refer to it in the industry as Stachybotrys.
It’s found in wet or damp commercial or residential locations. A classic symptom of black mould exposure is lethargy – you become very drained and tired.
You could also get an itchy throat, sore eyes, and shortness of breath. Mould poisoning is very unlikely, unless you actually ingest it.
If this happens you can expect to suffer from nausea and vomiting, as well as the signs of mould exposure.
Can I get rid of black mould myself?
Unless you’re able to physically remove black mould in accordance with IICRC S500 standards, it’s very unlikely you’ll be able to get rid of it yourself.
The only option would be to physically remove any materials that have visible black mould.
How do you keep mould from forming?
The only way to prevent mould from growing is to create an environment that prevents this.
That means the environment needs to be below 60% relative humidity and it needs to be warm and dry, have good air flow, and have good clean materials.
By removing moisture and condensation and increasing the air flow will help prevent mould from forming.
Why do you need professional mould remediation?
There are professional, qualified companies that specialise in mould removal and who have the equipment and training to do this effectively.
Once the mould is effectively removed, they can then remediate the environment to bring it back to a pre-loss condition.
Why use Accredited CPS for black mould removal?
We believe strongly in providing our clients with all the information they need to make the best possible decision to eliminate mould in their homes.
For us, it’s not all about the money, it’s about giving you full and correct information upfront so you make an informed decision.
You can then be confident we are up to date with all we need to execute the work quickly and professionally in your residential or commercial property.